UNICEF is recruiting a consultant to facilitate a three day workshop on the Human Rights Based Approach to Programming (HRBAP) during the first week of December 2009 in New York.
Under this contract the consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- assist with the design and preparation of the workshop, including the development of a detailed and comprehensive agenda;
- advise co-facilitators on how best to maximise comprehension and application of information;
- facilitate the workshop;
- facilitate feedback from workshop participants through the development and evaluation of pre and post training questionnaires (as well as formal and informal meetings with participants during workshop); and
- produce synthesis report reflecting proceedings of the workshop, main conclusions, and recommendations for way ahead.
Key skills, technical background, and experience required:
- Advanced university degree
- Minimum of seven years experience of workshop facilitation
- Excellent knowledge of human rights, the HRBAP and the UN's work in developing human rights based programmes
- Good knowledge of gender mainstreaming
- Excellent analytical, research, writing and communication skills
Deadline for applications: 10 November 2009