IETA is a small international non-profit trade association dedicated to the establishment of
effective market-based trading systems for greenhouse gas emissions by businesses that are demonstrably fair, open, efficient, accountable and consistent across national boundaries.
IETA's HQ is in Geneva and its main subsidiary offices are in Brussels and Washington.
- Support the work of IETA Brussels
- Attend the Environment Committee of the European Parliament and other relevant
meetings and report with minutes
- Update press reviews on environmental issues
- Summarize research reports and discussions on climate policy
- Correspond via email and orally with IETA member companies as needed
- Contribute to other IETA activities, such as conference planning and office
- Strong written and spoken English
- Interest in researching climate policy and overlapping subject matter
- Knowledge base of current climate change issues and environmental issues
- Competences on trade and finance a plus
- Creative thinking
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Good "soft skills" and able to work as a team or individually as needed
IETA is looking for an intern with availability from January 2009. This internship could last for three months or more. Remuneration is fixed at euro 300 per month.
Please send a motivation statement and your CV to Simone Ruiz email@example.com before 15 December 2009.