The Center for Security Studies (CSS / www.css.ethz.ch) at ETH Zurich (Swiss Fed-eral Institute of Technology) is seeking to employ, at the next possible opportunity, a
Researcher 80 - 100%
to conduct research on nuclear policies, nuclear proliferation and security issues in a historical perspective.
You will contribute to the Center's research focus on nuclear policies and related security policies. Ideally, you will have specific expertise and a strong publication record on nuclear strategy, proliferation issues, arms control and regional security.
Responsibilities will include publishing peer-reviewed articles, collaborating on confe-rences and edited volumes. You will participate in a global network of specialists work-ing on different aspects of nuclear policies and proliferation issues and engage in policy-relevant research.
- University degree (preferably PhD) in History or International Relations
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of nuclear policies, (non-)proliferation
- Significant expertise on regional politics
- Publications on nuclear policies, proliferation issues and/or regional security
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills; fluency in German and knowledge of one non European language desirable
- Organizational skills
A multifaceted and challenging occupation at a renowned university in a young and dynamic environment. You will be able to benefit from the further education opportuni-ties offered by ETH Zurich.
For further enquiries please contact Roland Popp, Tel. +41 (0)44
632 09 04. Please apply online (including a letter of interest, resume, two writing samples and two refer-ences) under www.jobs.ethz.ch 31 October 2009 at the latest to Mr. Rolf Oertli.